Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rodeo - Contact Pro - Malavita
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 04:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
nzshred

Fact is, bindings are the same as boots - it's a personal choice and they fit everyone different. As many opinions you may listen to, nothing is going to give you a better idea than trying them yourself.

As much as people love Burton bindings, I hate them. They're the most uncomfortable things I've ever tried on. I've got some 2012 Contact Pro's now and they've been really good. The toe straps have been fine (I ride 32 lashed boots) and I've never had a problem with the ratchets. I've also not had a problem with the lack of 'cushioning' either. They're also pretty damn light which is great for park, and I haven't found them too soft or unresponsive when riding big mountain and powder.

The only real problem I have is with the heel cup that likes to loosen up and pops from "1" out to "2" - though it tends only to be on one side of the heel cup on one binding when it happens - and it never actually affects my riding. It's unnoticeable until I visually see it.

Really, you're not going to find a binding that fits you perfectly without trying a bunch. I always wonder how many people who try bindings and dislike them failed to adjust them to their boots and board correctly?
nzshred is offline   Reply With Quote