Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 X-Mas Stoker Free Board Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #49 (permalink)
Wiredsport
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre View Post
Except that it's the women's model that says anything about "freeride" in the description, and it goes from 139 to 153. I know a 13yo girl I could give it to, though.
Hi Tigre,

Thanks for your comments. We all struggle a bit with the broad labels for riding styles (and the wide variety of connotations that go along with each). To many freeride means that wide middle ground between jib/freestyle/park boards on one side and big mountain/powder specifc or alpine boards on another. We do understand that many riders use the term freeride to mean something more specific. I have added the term "all mountain" to the description in the hopes that that will help. Is there still a hole above 153 cm for all mountain in a female specific deck? Yes. The truth is that female specific all mountain boards above 153 cm are very slow sellers. They tend to be produced in very small numbers by all manufacturers and still end up hitting the closeout market very early and at low prices.

I thank you again for you input.
Wiredsport is online now   Reply With Quote