Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - a true all mounain twin... recommendations??
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdeo View Post
Hey guys. I'm wondering what your recommendations are for a TRUE all mountain twin - and if possible in a hybrid profile (rocker in the middle, camber underfoot.

I "Dabble" in the park (meaning I suck balls at jibbing and anything hat looks remotely scary hahaha), but really i prefer to hit small features on the mountain, and I like a nice, somewhat playful board without being a noodle.

I'm 5'10" and about 190-200lbs all geared up.

I ride a solomon official 158 (camber), and i grabbed an arbor Coda 161 (rocker) last year (love this board). The coda is predominantly twin with regards to shape and its centered stance (zero setback or negligible if any) - but it has a directional flex.

I was looking at NS, but they don't have a true twin (all are directional flex unless I'm mistaken).
I know the TRS essentially has everything I'm looking for - true twin all the way, but my buddy has it, and I prefer NOT to rock the same gear as my crew of buddies since having different stuff allows us to try out different gear.

I'm looking at grabbing a slightly smaller board this time - either a 155-158.

so what recommendations do any of you have?

thanks!

M
Too many to list all - NS Proto, some other Lib-Tech boards (Attack Banana, possibly a T. Rice), GNU Rider's Choice, Smokin' Superpark (the last two are basically upgraded versions of the TRS)...

Also, Yes The Greats is an awesome twin with hybrid camber - but without rocker between the feet and possibly not as suitable for downsizing.

Last edited by hktrdr; 10-06-2012 at 01:15 PM.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote