Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Who is interested in a West Coast Meet?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #80 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerkat89 View Post
Hey thread bombers, let's organize a west coast meet eh
the title of this thread was "who is interested in a west coast meet" people posted and some were interested.

while we still never decided what exactly "west coast" really means, we can ALL agree it's better then the "east coast"

so. organize one. Start a new thread "details for west coast meet HERE" it seems no one wants to step up and lead the thing. So if you want one, looks like you're gonna have to plan it. However, It looks like you don't have many takers, sorry. Im just curious, but is there anyone that can plan a vacation 4-6 months in advance? I sure as hell can't. Toss the weather factor in and I can see why there's a lack of commitment.

Perhaps those east coasters can get together because conditions generally suck there regardless of time or place. So they just do park laps and groomers and drink? out west we have sooo many awesome options to go to and a lot of people are burnt from last years crap season. I sure as hell don't want to spent the $ on a plane ticket and lift ticket unless Im getting powder days. Id rather use the cash for bc gear/Avy 1 to be honest. And due to my employment situation that's not even possible.

But If Im riding crap man made snow, park laps and groomers well...I can do that an hour from my house.

oh speaking of bc gear and avy 1 classes, I know zombaco was talking about taking one up in the Sierras in Feb. I think it was Feb. I hopefully will be in for that too, and we could get a group for that perhaps? I know Mammoth Mountaineering rents splits and gear and theres a few guide companies that run the classes around Mammoth/June. One used to do lift assisted touring at June and class included one ride up the lift....hm...probably not doing that this year

Last edited by mixie; 10-06-2012 at 03:01 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote