Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - a true all mounain twin... recommendations??
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdeo View Post
Hey guys. I'm wondering what your recommendations are for a TRUE all mountain twin - and if possible in a hybrid profile (rocker in the middle, camber underfoot.

I "Dabble" in the park (meaning I suck balls at jibbing and anything hat looks remotely scary hahaha), but really i prefer to hit small features on the mountain, and I like a nice, somewhat playful board without being a noodle.

I'm 5'10" and about 190-200lbs all geared up.

I ride a solomon official 158 (camber), and i grabbed an arbor Coda 161 (rocker) last year (love this board). The coda is predominantly twin with regards to shape and its centered stance (zero setback or negligible if any) - but it has a directional flex.

I was looking at NS, but they don't have a true twin (all are directional flex unless I'm mistaken).
I know the TRS essentially has everything I'm looking for - true twin all the way, but my buddy has it, and I prefer NOT to rock the same gear as my crew of buddies since having different stuff allows us to try out different gear.

I'm looking at grabbing a slightly smaller board this time - either a 155-158.

so what recommendations do any of you have?

thanks!

M
You are mistaken. Evo is true twin. Proto is true twin. And Sabatoa is right, SL is direction twin which can be made twin by adjusting the setback (so I've read).

From NS the Proto sounds good. But there are a lot of options.

The Coda is pretty playful already. Do you even notice the different flex?
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote