Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

stretching boots?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Skinny Bam 
#1 ·
So I have pretty weird feet - very skinny, but extremely arched. When I bought my first pair of snowboard boots a few years ago, I had trouble finding boots I could get my feet into, due to the arch. Hard to explain, I know, but yeah. At times it felt like my ankles were about to let go with how hard I had to push to get my feet into the damn things. The problem was, boots that were big (wide) enough to get my feet into, would then have terrible heel lift, as my ankles are skinny.

Soon after I had to go looking for another pair of boots and found my current pair, DC Sabre's. Somehow they are much easier to get into, and completely solved my heel lift problems. Love them and they're nice and comfy for the most part, except they're just ever so slightly too short. They're nice and snug, but my toes are bent and after a long day of riding, I'm pretty miserable.

So once again I need a change.. Either find a new pair of boots that will somehow magically fit my weird ass feet, or... I read something the other day about boot fitters that can stretch/trim boots to fit. How would I go about that? Any tips tricks or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I might go out in a few hours and see if I find anything on the turkey sale, but it'd be a shame to spend money on new boots if these can be fixed - they are pretty darn nice.

Cheers!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.