Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Religion Debunked.
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #203 (permalink)
CalvaryCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
First, don't conflate literal creationism with christianity. There are hundreds of millions of xians out there who believe in JC just as fervently as you but don't believe in a 6000 year old Earth. I double damn dare you to declare publicly on this forum that they will go to hell for that. No? Didn't think so. There are fundamentalists who will happily make that declaration, but to really express my opinion of them I'd have to hit up BurtonAvenger for advice.

Second, you propose as an alternative believing in a deity who has always been there. How is that better? It's just a cop-out. "I don't understand it, so goddidit." Speaking of which, it's interesting to note that generally speaking the less people understand about the science involved, the more incredulous they are, and the more they become educated about the subject, the more reasonable it becomes. Shouldn't that indicate to you that the problem isn't with the universe, it's with you?

Third, the thing about the secularist belief is that it is testable and makes predictions. And it passes those tests. Whereas xianity as failed every objective test you could come up with, including the most basic test of actually producing any evidence, anything at all, that a deity of any kind exists.

Lastly, that comment "which we still are currently not 100% sure how it works". Don't go there. That sounds at surface like a good argument for you, but the god of the gaps argument will get you smooshed. It's essentially painting yourself into a corner.
I dont believe that if they dont believe the earth is 6,000 years they are going to hell. If you have read the Bible then you know the only thing Jesus says we need for salvation is faith in him and to be baptized.

Your second point is not true. There are plenty people more educated than me who dont believe in Darwins theories.
Dissent from Darwin

Those scientists for example, so please dont act like all scientists accept the evolutionary theory.

Thirdly please dont say evolution is a science that has been tested and proven. Unless you or me was actually there when all this happen it is not testable. And please don't use adaption as a point to try to prove evolution is testable, becaue we don't see a change of species.

And by the way you think sound like you think scientist that believe in evolution are unbiased and aren't trying to push their own agendas. Just look at examples of "evolution" that we have found to be hoaxes.

http://www.discovery.org/articleFile...fTheFakest.pdf