Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Religion Debunked.
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:59 AM   #209 (permalink)
Slush Puppie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvaryCougar View Post
When did i ever say I thought rape was acceptable?

You missed posting the verse before it.

Deuteronomy 22:25-27
"25 But if out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. 26 Do nothing to the woman; she has committed no sin deserving death. This case is like that of someone who attacks and murders a neighbor, 27 for the man found the young woman out in the country, and though the betrothed woman screamed, there was no one to rescue her."
Well you did say you believe the old testament didn't you? I guess the bible can be a little contradictory, can you clarify under what circumstances is is acceptable then? Because in Deuteronomy 22:23-24 it clearly states:

"If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbours wife"

But really I'd be much more interested to see you respond to some of the points you have conspicuously avoided responding to such as overwhelming evidence again your young earth theory. Please don't post more "plenty of clever people think links" I would like you to explain your understanding and evidence against the fact that we can we can prove the earth's age as being older than 6000 years (in reality billions of years old) using several distinct, repeatable and congruent methods. Start with Dendrochronology please...

Then when you are done with that perhaps you would be happy to discuss with us why your so called 'intelligent' designer did such an embarrassingly incompetent job with his 'designs'. 'Designs' that just so happen to exactly match what you would expect to see as a result of evolution..

Last edited by Slush Puppie; 10-07-2012 at 05:02 AM.