Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Gear!
Thread: New Gear!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Neliz

Exclamation New Gear!

Hey guys, so I'm going to buy new gear for this season. I've been riding for one season, progressing fairly fast, and now that I've got some money in my pocket I felt like it was time to get my own stuff instead of hiring!

The thing is, I'm not 100% on what to buy. I've looked into TBT and it sounds really awesome, even though I've never ridden it it sounds like my kind of board.
I'd say that I'm an all-mountain rider, focusing on pow and park. I haven't ridden a lot of park yet, but I'm going to spend a lot more time there this season since it's great fun! I want a mid-soft board that you can jib around, doing butters and what not, but one that doesn't get unstable in pow or in the pist.

The ones I have looked into is the Lobster Park Board 2013, Lobster Freestyle Board and the Bataleon Airobic 2013. I did look into the Bataleon GW, but it's a bit more expensive than the other ones and I'm not sure if it's worth the extra money. Would be great to get your opinion on this!

I am also going to buy a new pair of bindings. I haven't looked into any specific ones, but I have heard good things about Union, Flux and Switchback so that's what I'm thinking about getting. As with the board, I want an all-mountain binding that's nice to ride on on the whole mountain. I don't really know if I should get a soft or a stiff binding, since I've never owned one before.
Sorry for the long post (and the bad English), but any help on the matter would be very appreciated!
Neliz is offline   Reply With Quote