Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Gear!
Thread: New Gear!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi guys,

Stoked to see that you are both getting ramped up this year with your first setups! That is when the fun starts and your progression can go into overdrive.

There is a lot of advice given about what component is the most important: board, boots or bindings. In truth, your gear is only as good as the weakest component. A great board and boots on poor bindings, for instance, are going to come down to the level of the bindings. This does not mean high priced components, just ones that are well designed for your style, well built, well adjusted, and that are a perfect fit for you.

You will get some great advice here. If you could both post up your weights and foot sizes we will all get you some suggestions.

STOKED!

Thanks for the awesome reply man!

I'm at 140lbs (5"8), and my foot size is 25cm using the method you described! Having some difficulties deciding which Parkboard size I should go for(148 or 151 I'm guessing), and I have no idea where to start with boots.

I'm going to be quitting my job and doing an instructor course over in Canada next season (I live in the UK currently), so I'm looking for some perfect fitting gear to break in this season
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote