Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - should i buy a new board?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
ediway

i am not proficient yet at carving, but if it's a trail with a reasonable wide and decent slopes (generally green and blue trails), i have time to sync the coordination of my knees and i am able to do those carving.

However because i am carving i am taking too much speed, and at time if the slope gets too steep i tend to put too much pressure on my back heel which cause me to slide, but generally on green and blue i think i am doing alright.

Also when the piste is too narrow and/or too steep, i m still not proficient doing the carve because i need to switch turn too quickly and i need to push with my knees to help to make the turn. Because the rhythm is faster and i still lack coordination with the push of my knees, i end up putting too much pressure on my back leg and heel, so i tend to slide between a few carves.

But, yes you are right, i still lack techniques, that is why i usually never go straight when going down, still trying to improve those carves and trying to get a dynamic stance, but i still need to work on my knees.

But, yes you are right, i still lack techniques,
ediway is offline   Reply With Quote