Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - should i buy a new board?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediway View Post
Hello,

i started snowboarding last season. i bought a libtech banana experimental and used it about 5 to 6 times last season. the thing is that at high speed down the hill, the snowboard is a little bit unstable. i was wondering if the unstability come from the fact i am a beginner or because of the board which is more for freestyle riders.

should i buy a new board? if so, any suggestion. i was thinking about buying a freerider board, but all i read is that it's for powder and stiff. so i was wondering if it will be good to go the hill?

any suggestion of which board i should buy?

tks
Did you buy it brand new? If so it's worth some bucks, I would sell it & buy 2 used boards. A regular camber & a rocker board.
The Banana is a wicked board, but I don't think you really need a board that good. Get 2 boards you won't mind beating the shit out of.

Getting a seasons pass if your only planning on going 8 times would probably only just barely be worth it.
You can buy lift tickets off craigslist for usually around 1/2 price, You could go those 8 times for half the cost & save $200 bucks.

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote