Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cartels or Capos?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
atr3yu
Veteran Member

Default Cartels or Capos?

So here is the deal... I already have my board (NS 160 Heritage), boots (Ride RFL's) and bindings (Burton Cartels) on lay away at my local shop. Though I know they would have no issue if I switched up which bindings I want. The 3 binding companies they sell are Ride, Burton, and Flux. I demo'd some Flux last year and did not like them so I am leaving them out of the picture. My first bindings ever were used old Ride SPI's, but I never had any issue with them. I have not ridden Burton bindings yet, but their track record seems to speak for it's self. I believe the Capo was new last year and the only complaint I heard was the ratchet chewing up the teeth on the straps. I am assuming they would have this resolved this year. Anyone have any opinions on this choice? The differences between the plastic vs metal binding? One of the issues I had with the Flux is that the toe cap dug into my boot and hurt my toes, but I did prefer the locked in feel of having it in front of the toe. The Burton toe cap looks similar, where the ride has the rubber net, which I assume is quite comfy. Anyone with any experience or opinions it would be greatly appreciated. The Ride's just hit the shelf on Saturday so I probably have a few days to figure this out before size and colour become limited. Thank you every!

Stats below as they always seem to get asked,

30yrs, 5'11", 165lbs ish, size 9 boot, second year riding (30days), all mountain, no park.
atr3yu is offline   Reply With Quote