Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - a true all mounain twin... recommendations??
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
marcdeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
The board doesn't know if you have fat or muscle weight. It just knows you have

In other words, don't size down just because you're muscle weight rather than fat weight. If anything, like someone already pointed out, it's worse to size down if you're super strong.

There's a rainbow at the end of this scene though, the Proto CT is blunted. This means it's actually a longer board than it is because the tips were cut shorter. So that 154 is actually more like a 156. I weigh 180 and ride the 157 and have no desire to size down. I'm the same way as you in the park; smaller features. However, I do hit whatever I find on the slopes. I also jump more than I jib. If you're into hitting jumps, a 154 won't be as good as a 157.

By the way, I would warn against centering your stance on a board with a setback. Unless of course the sidecut isn't centered around the setback stance (it normally is). I'm not sure if the SL has a centered sidecut with a setback stance. By all accounts though, the SL only has a slight setback so you really don't even need to center it.

/2cents
Not downsizing at all because of my physical attributes, I simply found that while riding the coda, I found doing jumps/spins a little more trying than with my shorter board, since I already shave a 158 and a 161, I'm looking for something a bit more playful but shorter, and since the proto has a longer effective edge BUT is shorter with a blunted nose, I though I might just get the best of both worlds. I ride out east (Ontario Canada) but this year I am doing 3 trips 1- big white&revy 2- whistler 3- Stowe......
marcdeo is offline   Reply With Quote