Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Stolen Boards...This SUCKS

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  henry06x 
#1 ·
Two nights ago I was working on 1 of my 3 vehicles. The wife came home and let the keys stay in the car in driveway. I locked the other car that stayed outside. In the morning I went to my wife car to find our Ipod missing. I did not think much of it. That afternoon I realized two snowboard and two skateboards missing. The police said people open cars to get the garage door opener. The thieves got in wifes car and opened the garage to get boards. Any one ever have their board stolen? What can I do to get it back? My first thought is to leave the garage open all night. Except this time, I stay up with my 45. Then put some holes in whoever goes in the garage. Even if they are kids. Any one have a more rational solution?

#5 ·
Ya this shit sucks and the worst part is its mostly kids. So much for the youth of America. I left my garage open by accadent one night and went back out because I left something in my car and walked in and saw a flashlight dissapear. So shut the garage door, locked him in with me, and grabbed a tire iron. He was teying getting away with my GPS and some iPhone asseccories.

I've never had a snowboard stollen but a someone I ride with did either last year or the year before, I forget. Worst part is was the cheapest set-up in the group sitting there and was an entry level board. Probably some stupid ass young kid who liked the graphic. My aunt had her skies stollen a few years ago in steamboat springs. It really sucks and ruins your weekend.

#8 ·
check your homeowners insurance. There may be a personal articles policy with a low limit, but you may have a deductible so it may be a wash.

Personal articles policy from State Farm. It's $13 per $1,000 in coverage, per year. No deductible, and it does not count against you as a homeowners claim.

I don't cover my snowboards, I cover my photography equipment ($8,000). In the future, you can cover your boards all for $13 a year or so, depending on receipt and value.

#7 ·
i had my burton vapor stolen last year, long story short two weeks later we got the a kid with it he had bought it for 100$ from some guy.

#12 ·
That depends on the state that you live in to if you will even get in trouble or not. Just remember to shoot to kill and not to wound. Damn civil suits will kill you. That is of course if you want to take it that far. To make it worse the culprits probably live within a mile of your house.

#13 ·
Good news. The cops called today. They did a sting and recovered my snowboards. They think they have my skateboards as well. I hope to get all my stuff back before the season begins. I am going to get my wife a 9 mil though. Just in case someone tries to come in the house. Thanks everyone for the hospitality. You guys really made me feel better about the situation.

#17 ·
Gun? Won't help if you aren't home.

Mean ass dog or home security and locks that work? Much more effective deterrent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.