Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - should i buy a new board?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediway View Post
i am not proficient yet at carving, but if it's a trail with a reasonable wide and decent slopes (generally green and blue trails), i have time to sync the coordination of my knees and i am able to do those carving.

However because i am carving i am taking too much speed, and at time if the slope gets too steep i tend to put too much pressure on my back heel which cause me to slide, but generally on green and blue i think i am doing alright.

Also when the piste is too narrow and/or too steep, i m still not proficient doing the carve because i need to switch turn too quickly and i need to push with my knees to help to make the turn. Because the rhythm is faster and i still lack coordination with the push of my knees, i end up putting too much pressure on my back leg and heel, so i tend to slide between a few carves.

But, yes you are right, i still lack techniques, that is why i usually never go straight when going down, still trying to improve those carves and trying to get a dynamic stance, but i still need to work on my knees.

But, yes you are right, i still lack techniques,
You're most likely not carving. this would be carving

and even he skids his turn a little. More likely you are just turning (skidded). Not carving. Perhaps thats why your instructor didn't really acknowledge you when you mentioned carving.

But, if you are carving then you're jumping the gun. You're not even comfortable yet on blues and blacks. Most people do not learn to properly carve after a few days
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote