Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Question about my new board
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Optikal_Illuzion

female Question about my new board

I'm a relativly new female boarder, and I don't know much about all these new different types of technologies behind the boards. I started boarding a few years ago and didnt get a chance to go last year due to lack of snow and an injury. My last board was a full rocker by Lamar, and was a used board I got from my twin that was in decent condition. I spent most of my time on my butt so this year for my first new board I decided to get a moustache board with the cambers under my boots.

My question is: When I stand on my board, will my weight bring the cambers down to make it flat? And if so, does this mean theres more stored energy in the board for pops and jibs? When turning, does this means I will have uneven edge and more opportunity for catching it? If there's snow this year, I do plan on eventually trying park, but will probably stick to trils and groomers. This board I got is pretty flexible and very lightweight (total weight with boots and bindings on the board is about 17lbs) and made for women.

I probably should have asked this question before I got my board, but whatever ANY input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: my bad, last board was a full camber, not a rocker....

Last edited by Optikal_Illuzion; 10-08-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Optikal_Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote