Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone here use a mirrorless/(4/3)/"micro" camera
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
turbospartan

My gf has the NEX-5N and it is a great camera. We are noobs so we pretty much leave it on Auto mode most of the time, and it still takes great pictures. Easy to take Panoramic, video, portrait shots (where person is in focus and everything in background is blurry), burst shots (this would be good for snowboarding if you were hitting a jump or something... to see it front start to end), etc.

We've taken it out while riding with us, but it isn't as easy as one would assume. Just to be safe I kept it in its camera case and then stuffed that into my camelbak backpack... and it was a tight fit. Wanted the double protection as to not break anything.

Adorama.com has the NEX-5N on sale with the kit lense, bag, and 16gb SD Card on sale for like $419 right now, which is ridiculous for how good of a camera it is. We paid over $700 at X-mas just this past year. We also have the 16mm lense which is the one without any zoom, which makes the camera a bit smaller and easier to carry.
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote