Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Sizing help with the Burton Ruler
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Chandler789

Default Sizing help with the Burton Ruler

I am looking for some advice as far as boot sizing goes... I really would like to be in the Burton Ruler boot.

I wear a size 11 shoe typically for comfort, and can wear a size 10.5. My foot is not really considered a wide width, however is is wider then average. (Lets say I am right in between).

I ordered a 10.5 pair of boots that fit snug, if I wear them tight (comfortably tight), I will loose blood flow to the outsides of my foot because it presses them in. There is no pinching feeling though.

My toes feel like they are right where they should be, I could use a tad bit more room I suppose, but I would rather be secure them have no control in the boot.

With the 10.5 I have a little heal lift, even with a super tight boot. My ankles are a little narrow, but I was considering adding the foam 'L' shaped pads to help hold my ankle down to reduce heal lift. This boot already has extra foam to hold down the heal.

If I take the insole out of the liner and compare it with my foot, it matches my foot exactly length wise, no extra toe or heal room, however my foot rolls off the side by maybe a half centimeter.

I am wondering if I should get a eleven and then order a lift to go under the sole (Supposedly make the sizing a 10.5~) and then do the thicker foam 'L' pads.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experienced a similar problem?

I live in the Birmingham, Alabama area, so there are no boot fitters locally. I had to order boots over the internet.

EDIT:

By insole risers I mean the insole blanks, The foam pads I refer to are the J Bars

Last edited by Chandler789; 10-08-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Chandler789 is offline   Reply With Quote