Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Religion Debunked.
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #229 (permalink)
CalvaryCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slush Puppie View Post
Well first I didn't call them crackpots. I said that the pseudo science is crackpot. Often made to look quite plausible superficially and easy to believe unless you are able see it objectively and demand the credible evidence for it's conclusions and assumptions.

The problem with this it's not enough to cite a x was an atheist and he changed his mind. Although I can see that as a powerful marketing tool and easily mistaken to lend credibility. It's the substance of what they are claiming that's important.

It's hard to comment without watching the whole thing (which I will endeavour to do. My observation from watching the first part it's very focused on trying to present him as credible. But it doest actually tell us anything. So I can't really add much to that.

First thank you for your apologies they are accepted. Its always an emotional debate because people's world views are on the line.

To the first part, most of the links do have evidence they use for backing up their conclusions. You might not agree with their conclusions but Answers in Genesis and some other creation apologetic sites use science to back up their conclusions.

To the second part, of course this is not enough. This is why i posted the videos such as the Anthony Flew video. Did you get a chance to watch that?

To the third part, thank you for taking time to watch the video! Its a great video and the video doesnt need to prove strobels credibility because the movie he interviews people with credibility in their fields. Lee Strobel is just used in this video as a narrator about how he arrived to his conclusion, but he interviews scientists.

Lastly when you said that the video says the earth is older than 6,000 years I dont believe that is correct but if im wrong please show me the time so I can rewatch it. I believe the earth is young but that doesn't mean all intelligent design scientist do.

Oh and please do watch the Case for Christ link if you have the time!