Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Any avid mtn bikers in the house?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #34 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

LOVE the trails!! I Do it for to get outdoors, for the Fun, the Exercise, and just plain Recreation,.. I keep track of my times & milage, but only for the calorie count! ;-) I only compete against myself.

You'll Never catch me doin' that "Hardcore shit" I see 'em doin out in Moab or off those raised platforms they use in the PNW! It looks like a lot of fun, but at 51,.. I don't bounce like I used to!

Didn't get to do as much this year as the last two,.. Mixie was right. It's depressing as hell how "Fast" that conditioning disappears!! :-(

Toecutter,... You ever hit Island Lake Rec Area's trails? They're pretty good, 6-9- or 15 mi. (combined) Pretty nice scenery and some good ups & downs! Although I hear "Pot" is supposed to have some REALLY killer climbs, doesn't it?

I ride an REI brand Novara 29'r. About $800 new in '10. Rode the $2500 Trek superfly AL pro at the demo days last spring! LOVED it!! Gonna try to afford it next spring!

See ya on the hills!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (42) days out!
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote