Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Gear!
Thread: New Gear!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

neliz...I resemble your condition....I'm 5'6", 22" 15/12 duck stance, right at 180 and size 7 boot on a good day...actually just got 32 focus boas in a women 7.5 for a bit of a snugger fit when packed out...last 2 years been using 32 focus boas in women 8. We are outside the standard deviation.

So my remedies have been stiffer pro women's boards
Option Trinity 158 (old 2005) cambered directional fr stiffy, Option Kendra Starr 155 (2005? cambered fs twin abit softer), Gnu B-nice (cambered twin with mag....?2008...it was a definitely softer flex) The problem with these boards was lack of stance width. I also have an Option 162 northshore cambered shovel nose pintail, 159 skate banana, 164 charlie slasher...these have been ridable but very cumbersome to get on edge...however my remedy wass to use riser plates...I made some diy 20mm plates and this made edge to edge response much more doable. The b-nice was very fun for goofing groomers but I snapped the tail and the skate banana was sold because it was too cumbersome and folded up too much in the pow if you got alittle too tail/nose heavy...otherwise I still have the above boards to ride depending on conditions.

Recommendations for narrower boards: Gnu B-pro 155...demo'd for a day and it is a fun board and has great response...I would have bought one except for two things...I already have enough inbounds groomer and pow boards so I bought a 159 gnu billygoat split to get into baker slack/bc...it is narrower than the trs and t-rice and rider choice. The other board I gave serious thought about was Snowolf's suggestion of a ass park pickle. Another thought is to check out venture boards and have them lay one up to your specs.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 10-08-2012 at 01:36 PM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote