Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What's Up?
Thread: What's Up?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
OldDog
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sweet! Thanks for the reply.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect to damage myself in the process. At 34 I was sparring 3 days a week with 20 year old kids who were trying to take my head off my shoulders. I loved fighting and I've separated my floating ribs, ripped off my big toe nail, broke my foot, sprained my wrist, and dislocated my shoulder (not to mention the countless mat burns, bloodied lips and noses, and various bruises and contusions).

2 months ago I endo'd downhill on my mtn bike and nearly impaled myself on a tree. In my mind, a little pain is the price of admission if you want to get that rush!

OK, so I might be a little "unbalanced"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRomo View Post
Started 3 years ago at age 37 (turning 40 on the 28th) and I've always been atheletic. Raced BMX in the 80's, played football, ran track, skate boarded etc...

I picked up boarding quickly but the first day was pain incarnate. Every inch of my body hurt except for my toes. Wear your helmet cause catching an edge sucks and it will happen.

Your gear looks great. I started with a 159 and I'm 5'8 190.
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote