Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Gear!
Thread: New Gear!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
Neliz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi,

That is basically all correct.

180 lbs is over the weight range that will work well on the narrow boards which max out at 151 cm.

I am unaware of any models in popular boards that are technically a "fit" for a good all purpose deck for your size 7 feet in the sizes that are required for 180 lbs.

The Alps will make this even harder as the conditions are often hardpack/ice. This typically favors going a bit stiffer and a bit longer in terms of effective edge.

When your feet are inside the confines of the board's edges you end up not having the leverage that is available to riders who are at, or just outside of the edges.

Personally I would suggest that you get a board with some form of Magnetraction, Grip Tech, etc. This will get you the most out of the leverage that you do have and will help you bite into the hardpack that you will often be riding.

Apologies if this sounds like bad news but these are the choices that we have to choose from.
Okay, I think I understand the whole problem.
I'm just going to ask again though, and if you could give me a detailed answer I'd be a very happy Swede!
Does the gap between my feet and the edges, that OK fit as you put it, make such a big impact on my riding that going for a Bataleon board would be a really bad move. Like if I, as a newbie, got a narrower board from another manufacturer I would feel a big differrence in how it rides?

I looked at the Gnu Park Pickle and it sounds like a cool board, although it does seem like it is a little stiff. I would prefer to ride on a mid-soft board if that's a reasonable and possible choice. Not really keen on the Pickle's graphics either.
Neliz is offline   Reply With Quote