Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Religion Debunked.
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #259 (permalink)
Slush Puppie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seant46 View Post
I can see people being on the fence about atheism/the possibility of a higher being, but believing in religion that man made just blows me away and I don't get it at all.

For the record I do not think there is a 'god' but am not totally opposed to the possibility that there is/was some sort of 'higher being'. I guess you would call me agnostic?
You appear to be an atheist in that case. Not even Dawkins will say there definitely isn't a god because no one can prove there isn't. But with zero evidence for the existence of a god, the possibility is so incredibly unlikely as to be as good as certain.

The argument is: I might tell you there was a teapot circling the sun. And no matter how unlikely that would be to be true, or how many people believe there is or isn't there is absolutely no way anyone could prove there isn't.

Russell's teapot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Slush Puppie; 10-08-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: my spelling is really awful!