Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some opinions on freestyle board choice
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat_medic View Post
Last season I used a skate banana. I liked it, but it was just too stiff for me. I want a soft flex. I want something that I can easily ollie with and have a balance when I'm grindin. I felt the nana was too stiff and I tended to lose my balance on rails. I'm basically looking for a lightweight soft flex board because I plan on doing a lottt of rails and jibbing this season. With some casual jumps as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat_medic View Post
Idk rookie like I tried last season believe me. I wasn't able to clear rails to the best of my ability. It was a medium flex. I didn't like that about it.
Dude something is not adding up here. There is no fucking way you should be having trouble ollieing a 154 banana unless you're doing something wrong. And I really don't see how getting a softer board is going to help your balance. That doesn't make any sense.

I'm wondering what your stance width is. From the sounds of things you are set up super narrow or something. Also how are you trying to ollie? The banana isn't the greatest for pop by any means, but it is not a hard board to ollie either.

Also how long have you been taking on rails? None of these questions are meant to be dickish either, I'm just trying to see if you can be saved the expense of buying a new board if you don't need one.
Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote