Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some opinions on freestyle board choice
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rookie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphabiscuit View Post
Nah, it's not only about being a good or strong enough rider. I know what the OP means. Compared to my Evo, my Skate Banana is a lot stiffer and less fun and playful. If the Evo is a 4 the SB is a 5/6 in feel. I can't explain all the technical shit but that just is how it is IMO. Arbor Draft if you're well into jibbing but has bronze edges .... Arbor Westmark/Blacklist NS Evo, for the halfway house.
Good suggestions. Westmark and Evo will be great. I can't remember off the top of my head but i think the blacklist is a bit stiffer than the westmark. Lib Tech's website says the banana has a flex of 4-6 depending on size so I assumed since a 154 is on the shorter size for 170 lbs it would feel more like a 4. I guess there's no better test than using it and judging for yourself though. You could also check out the K2 Parkstar. That's what I own and I feel like it does great at jumps as well as being flexy for jibs and fun. the jib-rocker profile is flat between the bindings which helps the stability. Then it rockers on the outside which makes it more playful. You should check it out. I own the 2011 board so the newer ones may even be a bit better.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote