Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What's Up?
Thread: What's Up?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
OldDog
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Thanks for the reply Donutz...

I went with the sizing chart @ the-house.com and figured an XL in the jacket would be good considering layering and all. I probably could have gone with a large. I feel like I'm swimming in the damn thing. Between the pants and the jacket I look like a hoodlum that needs to pull his pants up... Damn kids!...

Anyway, I wanted GTX but couldn't justify spending the extra dough for my first season. Maybe next year I'll upgrade my jacket. In any event, I went for 20k/15k as a minimum based on feedback from the girl I work with who was an instructor.

Yeah, I feel ya on not hucking myself off the back country cliff on my first day or looking for that 6' kicker my first time off the lift. I've watched lots of vids of people doing it wrong and people doing it right. The basics just don't look that hard to me. And as you may have surmised, timid I ain't...

Anyway, we shall see how it goes. Did I mentioned I'm totally pumped and the next 2 months are going to drag like a mutha?

PS: Meet me at Shames opening day and I'll bring you a damned cookie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Unbalanced is good.

I'm the same height and weight and boot size as you, and my board is a 159 NS Heritage. You'll be fine with yours. I'm going into my 4th season, and my experience is that the biggest stopper is timidity. Don't take that to mean you should throw yourself off the first cliff you see, though. Always limit yourself to what is logically the next technique or skill to learn, given where you are. But given that, being a wuss just slows you down.

Good waterproofing on the clothes, and I hope they're roomy -- too tight is bad.

Now where's my damned cookie?
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote