Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What's Up?
Thread: What's Up?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

I also have a set of Skeletools which is more like you mentioned. Spandex shorts with pads. They are good. It really depends on what tricks I'm working on which pair I wear. Skeletools I mainly wear if I'm gonna work on spins, which wasn't much. I usually wear the Azzpadz all day but I bring both in my gear tote. The skeletools are harder to get on in the parking lot with out making a scene. The Azzpadz just 3 clips and they are on/off

The Azzpadz weren't uncomfortable for me at all. I have never had issue with the straps. The only time I notice them is when I'm on a quad or six man lift that is full as the chair doesn't let you spread out much.

I don't wear armor other than bum pads. I always wear wrist guards but many don't .
I will be buying a spine protector only. This is because I want to learn rails this season and trying to be smart and safe. I figure a small cash outlay to be safe and be able to continue my day should I take a hard hit, hopefully.

I researched other pairs like Pro-tec and for me I just thought these were the best buy for my money.