Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cartels or Capos?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangsters View Post
Absolutely this.

I've had some issues with screws backing out with my Rides (maybe it is something to do with aluminum?) but a little loctite solved that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
I also thought maybe it was because the boards I was pairing had been sitting in the sun, but the bindings were in a box in the shade under the table, figured the temp difference would be enough to cause backing out as the materials expand at different rates, but it was a pain in the ass I had to tighten them each time up the lift. Loc-tite would work to fix that, hopefully!
2 things.

-Metal baseplates/discs will work themselves loose because the parts are so stiff and static, there is always a tiny bit of play. I have used both kinds, and if you tighten plastic discs down, this doesn't happen (it can but not nearly as much, for obvious reasons).

-from BurtonAvenger: put a drop of clear nail polish in the insert holes or on the tips of your mounting screws. It won't get brittle in the cold, cheaper than loctite, and easier to work with later so u don't strip out your screw heads. I rode Ride ContraBands for most of a season, constantly had the same problem, the clear nail polish WORKS.