Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What's Up?
Thread: What's Up?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
henry06x

Try not to make your expectations so high. You may very well pick it up the first day or you may not just as well. Your main goal when learning is simply to have fun, laugh, and enjoy yourself. I am not an instructor but I have taught a few friends and that's always the first thing I tell them. I had one friend who was very athletic put a lot of expectation on himself and got so irritated after 4 hours he quit left and never came back. He wouldn't laugh or let him self have fun and just got frustrated from falling. Everyone is going to fall day one a lot remember that. I think it's better if you have a friend that you can learn with and laugh at or a friend helping that screws around a lot and falls while your learning to keep your mood light hearted.
I also had a friend learn (I didn't teach) who use to skateboard lots when he was younger. He was an avid skateboarder and could Ollie and ride fine. It took him about two days to learn to make it down the hill and actually knocked himself out day one. He learned with a friend tho and they had a good time laughed went in and got beer and stuck with it. He was a little younger at 23ish tho.
Long story short have fun, laugh, and don't get top upset if your still falling and not where you expect to be half way through day one.

Sounds like you have a solid setup!

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote