Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Gear!
Thread: New Gear!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

I have dealt with this problem for 9 seasons and have demo'd a fair amt of women's boards, every year talk to and demo the mervin lib/gnu/roxy boards and talk to them about doing up a narrow men's board...but to no avail...however they are getting abit narrower compared to the past years. If you want performance of quick edge to edge and snappy performance (screw the graphics...i don't care...i want performance)...the best option imho is a top of the line stiffest and largest women's board you can find...because even though its rated as stiff it will be a noodle to medium flex for a guy. Btw I've demo'd ns infinity, solomon lush & gyspy, current gnu b-nice, recent arbor push, roxy envy and they were too noodlie. Another thought iirc is perhaps an old atomic hatchet and captia bsod were narrower boards. Just from my experience, I've stay away from the triple base tech is because I need great edge engagement without having to over-commit-to-get-on-edge from a body mechanics/position point of view. Another thing is with women's boards is that you don't need the rocker or even c2btx...and my preference is for a cambered (assuming ur riding groomed and packed pow)...because of your/my weight you press out any camber...however the c2btx is fun cause you can turn on a dime without having to unweight/suck-up/cross-under turns (however I like to unweight and do cross-under...thus the cambered preference) but it is not as snappy/poppy and slightly squirrely when bombing compared to a women's cambered. A women's board will be playful and easy to learn on compared to a men's board that is slightly too wide....and width does matter...my perfect waist width for my hellish small feet is 24cm on my Option trinity and with my billy goat split at 25.2 cm I'm anticipating really pushing the limit. Again, I'd highly recommend a gnu b-pro for off the rack or calling Venture for a custom specd.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 10-08-2012 at 10:27 PM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote