Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Religion Debunked.
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #280 (permalink)
CalvaryCougar

Didn't want to leave off without answering you questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slush Puppie View Post
One thing I've noticed is that you've responded quite selectively and steered well away from the more challenging points. Focusing the opinions of others and bible quotes as support. There have been lots of points to respond to so I'm not judging your reasons for this, I understand if you prefer to discus the ones you are more familiar with.
This is exactly right. The combo of so many questions to answer, and I only wanted to answer things that I am more familiar with, it would be unfair for me to answer topics I have no idea about. Thats why for most debate questions I have given links to those who are more knowledgeable and creditable than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slush Puppie View Post
In particular I'm interested to know what your thought on the ageing the earth by means of dendrology are. And furthermore the complete absence of evidence for a global flood (specifically in the tree clock) within the last 11,000 years.
Im not familiar with dendrology so I cannot answer questions in that regard but I will probably look it up and read about it in the next couple days. And actually I dont see the complete absence for a global flood. I see the exact opposite. I posted two links a while ago that you may have missed.

The World

Geologic Evidences for the Genesis Flood - Answers in Genesis

The way fossils are formed can be argued for a flood with rapid burial being apparent in some cases. You must not look at the flood as just rain that filled the earth. The Bible says the fountains of the deep opened up, hinting that the flood was a catastrophic event where the ground burst open and buried many things.

Check out these fossils that suppose rapid burial

Caption from Answers in Genesis
"Figure 12—Many fish were buried alive and fossilized quickly, such as this fish “caught in the act” of eating its last meal. Photo courtesy of Dr. Andrew Snelling."

Caption from Answers in Genesis
"Figure 13—This female ichthyosaur, a marine reptile, was found fossilized at the moment of giving birth to her baby. Photo courtesy of Dr. Andrew Snelling."

But like I said I'm probably done, because I see this going on for a while, if you still would like to chat please pm me.

Last edited by CalvaryCougar; 10-08-2012 at 11:03 PM.