Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - GNU vs Flow Bindings
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
henry06x

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrattonRider View Post
In my opinion DON'T get EITHER. The rear entry system looks fast but i bet i will get in my bindings faster. If you got the skate banana i guess you like to do park? I would go with a Rome 390 Boss or something like that.
No way in hell and I say that as nicely as possible. I don't own flow and I can get in and out of my traditional bindings quickly, but my friend has flows and I have watched other people with flow. There is no way you can get into a traditional set faster than rear entry unless your on a slope or in powder. When I would ride my friends I can slide in immediately after the off ramp of the lift when it starts to flatten while ridding, snap the high back up, and be gone before the rest of my friends even find a spot to stop and strap in. I watch other people with flows and other rear entry do this same thing constantly. Now it's nice and fast but you miss out on the screw off time with your buddies bullshitting and fucking around while strapping in.

Biggest reason I've never looked at flow is because I like to get my bindings tight when I'm riding park looser when just cruising and screwing around. Then on the lift I need to loosen my bindings up or my feet will start to cramp and hurt. Before you could never do this on flow and it was hard to get a tight fit if you wanted it. Gnu fixed this with having a relief button you can pop while on the lift and releases automatically when the highback comes down giving you extra room to slide your boot in. They also have ratchets. As your herd from nevik some of the issues and I've also heard they are just not as solid of a binding as flow.
Flow fixed this problem this year also with the release of the NX2 series. When the highback goes down the ankle strap hinges up to allow more room to slide your foot in. Flow has also added ratchets so you can adjust how tight your bindings are depending on how you feeling. They are expensive and out of my price range, but I'm definitely going to be looking at some next season if I can find some on sale!

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
NS SL (for sale) - Ride Capo
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote