Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Religion Debunked.
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #282 (permalink)
CalvaryCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
While I do not share your faith or your position on Geology Calvary Cougar, I have to say that I am impressed with your presentation and candor. It is been polite, respectful and courteous. You present your arguments well and back them up withdocumentatiom and research that you find credible. Even though I do not agree with said research or the conclusions, I have gained a lot of respect for you. You seem to be one of the few true Christians who seem to actually act "Christ like" and if more religious people in the world took your example, our history would not be as bloody as it is. You share your faith without forcing it on people. Perhaps this does indeed show a fundamental difference between religions. I can't imagine this level of openness and acceptance of critical examination of faith in an Islamic country. I am still steadfastly opposed to organized religion in all forms but you have impressed me....
Wow...thank you!

I knew I said I was done replying but...
I really do appreciate this comment and those who have had civil discussions.

I just wanted to address those who think Christians must follow their beliefs blindly.

"When Paul and his companions had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a Jewish synagogue. 2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead. “This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Messiah,” he said."
Acts 17:1-3

We can see that Paul used his brain to prove Jesus was who he said he was.
Peter also said in 1 Peter 3:15, one of my favorite verses,

"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander."
1 Peter 3:15-16