Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Albertans want Romney to Win
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
You don't hafta convince me. I love Alberta! Hot chicks too, I even married one.
I even have a flickr tag for my Alberta stuff.
Can't wait to go back to ride Banff in a few months.
If I only have two days, do you suggest Lake Louise? Wife doesn't care for Sunshine, she says it's kinda blah.
Fantastic pics! When you're back there's a nice little provincial park north west of Calgary that would make a nice little winter hike. I haven't been there in the winter to see if the water's still flowing, but it's spring fed so I don't see how it'd stop. It's called Big Hill Springs provincial park.

Anyway, I'm not that fond of sunshine either. There's a few people on here that rave about it, but it wasn't my cup of tea. Too many flat areas, not nearly enough trees for my liking.

We've got Lake Louise on our season pass this year, it's one of my faves. Although if you can swing it I'd go to Fernie for a couple days instead. It's 3 hours from Calgary (maybe 3:15 from the airport) but as long as it's not raining the snow is fantastic and there's TONS of off-piste terrain.

The hills are opening in a month. Can't wait!!!