Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Gear!
Thread: New Gear!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #43 (permalink)
Wiredsport
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neliz View Post
Excuse me if I'm wrong here but isn't the whatever narrower than the Gnu Park Pickle?
And wired, A couple of pages back you said that with the other boards I would be able to get an OK fit, but not perfect. The thing is, I'm not going to devote my whole life to snowboarding and I would be ok with a board that isn't "perfect" for me. Does it matter that much or should I just let the bataleon boards go completely? Since the Whatever is narrower I don't see what's better about the Pickle than the Whatever?
I think you are still using the waist as your width mesurement. You need to focus on the width at the inserts where you will stand. The waist on the Whatever is narrower but because it has a deeper sidecut, it gains back that width at the inserts. The Magnetraction decks will give you additional bite into the hardpack that you will encounter.

We can only advise you and if you have decided that you want to try TBT I do not want to stand in your way. I suggest TBT here regularly but as mentioned I think there are better options for your specifics. I would suggest a deck with magnetraction or a narrower model like the Flow Drifter over your TBT choices.

Last edited by Wiredsport; 10-09-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote