Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A democrat is changing his mind...
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
backstop13
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
LOL! I've never heard of the in-field fly rule before this article! Seems like it's just one of those weird nuances of the game. On the other hand I watch about 90% football and 10% auto racing and they are far more rule heavy than baseball...
yeah it's not called often because it rarely happens. It's basically put in place so that when a fly ball is hit where an infielder can catch the ball, they don't purposely drop it so they can easily turn a double play (runners on 1st and 2nd, less than 2 outs).

Only difference is, the shortstop was out in short left field, running backwards, and was in not in a position as to purposely drop the ball and turn two.

Sorry for thread-hijacking, now, back on topic...

4 more years of Obama will suck. My take home pay hasn't increased a lick but every other major expense has gone up (gas, groceries, insurance, etc.). Not a lot of jobs in the aerospace industry for engineers right now unless you want to do contract work for 2 years and then be in job limbo.

on the flip-side, 4 years of Romney will suck too. I'll be lucky to still have a job when this money-grubbing slimeball ships my job to China or some other country.

I am completely hopeless for this election. I honestly think no matter who gets elected, the middle class is in for a royal fucking.