Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A democrat is changing his mind...
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
Really. You mean that after 8 years of that war criminal of bush and Cheney you think it's a good idea trust the crazies again? I hope no one in your family it's in the military.
I thought popular opinion shortly after Sept 11, 2001 was FOR a war against various countries/regimes in the middle east?

"In October 2001, a poll by CNN/Gallup/USA Today indicated that about 88% of Americans backed military action in Afghanistan, and a poll by Market Opinion Research indicated that about 65% of Britons supported having British troops involved."

So are you saying all US citizens are war criminals?

I love how whoever is in power, people are very quick to criticize their decisions, rather than think about what they'd do if the decision was theirs? Say you were the leader of a powerful imaginary country, and tomorrow terrorists bombed a major shopping mall killing 5000 people. What would you do? Nothing? I'm asking an honest question here. What is the right thing to do when a terrorist group kills innocent civilians in ANY country as part of their extremist beliefs?

People are quick to criticize the US for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, yet we sit here 11 years after Sept 11th still enjoying relative peace on north american soil.