Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A democrat is changing his mind...
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
KIRKRIDER
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Like I said, it's 100% cool you like Obama better. That's fine, I'm not here to change anyone's minds. But do so knowing he is just like every other Politician out there. The difference between the two are not that much.

The reason the GOP obstruct everything now, is because of what the Democrats did the first year in 2009. They did not start out as obstructors. But the Democrats, so giddy off of Obama's win, and taking over both the House and the Senate, even owning the supermajority of the Senate for a few months, basically took a scorched earth approach.

When Republicans took over Congress in 1994, Newt Gingrich extended an olive branch in the House. He implemented rules that were going to give the minority party a little more power. He took over the House, and gave powers to the losing party.

When Pelosi took over in 2008, she eliminated those rules. She erased transparancy rules.

Then Obama telling the GOP, elections have consequences, I won, and locking them out.

Then America rejects Obama and the Democrat agenda. In 2010 was a sweeping mid-term election which saw huge gains by the GOP. America did not like what the Democrats were cooking. So they voted them out, and the GOP in. Why did America vote that way? To stop the Democrats.

Faced with all of this, of course the GOP is obstructing. Look back to 2009 and what the Democrats did. The GOP tried for a few months to work with them, but Dems were not having it. Remember, a filibuster Senate, a majority in the House, and the White House. Democrats did not need the Republicans, and they let the Republicans know it.

Here is an article to what I was talking about (Pelosi). Pelosi Erases Gingrich's Long-Standing Fairness Rules | Conservative News, Views & Books

That was 10 days before inauguration. The Democrats had their game plan before taking office.

It's a game, and it is what it is.

Plus Obama's notion of compromise is that you have to move all the way to him, and then they'll wiggle a little. There is often no meeting in the middle. And he's not the only one at fault. Republicans now have taken the same stance, there is no meeting in their middle either.

So to place blame only at the GOP is wrong. It's not that the GOP is obstructing. It's that both sides have staked their ground and NEITHER are moving. Remember the GOP own half the legislative body, the House. The Democrats own the Senate. The President doesn't make any law.

So if there is obstruction it is on both sides. The Democrats in the Senate are just as guilty of blocking the House GOP' initiatives as well.

Agreed.

Ron Paul is the one guy who held up the Patriot act renewal and expansion. After all that talk during the Bush years of the patriot act, when Obama takes office they all quietly renew the law every time. It got held up in 2011 and almost didn't pass, because of Ron Paul, who felt that the law violated our civil liberties.
I appreciate your patience and accuracy explaining...but I just don't like Republicans, their way of thinking, their principles, their superiority ( the alleged "American exceptionalism?" do they read history? Exceptional at what? Bombing? And I sincerely think if Obama looked more like...Clinton, they would agree with half of its policies. Yes. I am saying that they are blatant racists. And not even ashamed of it.

They came up with nothing in 4 years after 8 years of pillaging and illegal wars, illegal private armies, illegal contracts.... On top of it most of them swore, the night Obama was elected, to oppose him in everything. No matter what...no matter the american people, the justice, or the future.. That to me is treason toward the People for the interest and gain of few. And Romney is one of those mega rich few. The same rich Bush worshipped and was part of. Not my tribe.
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06