Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A democrat is changing his mind...
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
KIRKRIDER
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Fair enough, it just comes across as condescending.

If you believe I am naive about an issue, please educate me on it, calling me naive tends to get my back up. There is no way that anybody could know everything about every issue in the world. I've spent far more time studying WWII than more recent wars (probably because WWII is the single biggest event in shaping the way the world is today) but that doesn't mean I don't have an understanding about current issues. Believe it or not we have books, TVs, the internets, and other media options here in the great white north too!

If I'm discussing something with somebody, take cars for example, and they tell me an obviously wrong fact, I don't say "you're naive, you have no weight in this discussion!!!" My mother taught me to say something like "I think it's actually works like ...". It's just a way of talking to people that promotes constructive conversations rather than argumentative bantering.

Ok. ("Keep up" was mine... sorry about that, as I wrote)

Why the US entered the WWII? What was the trigger event? What is the real story behind it? and most of it. What did US gain from WWII?
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06

Last edited by KIRKRIDER; 10-09-2012 at 07:12 PM.