Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Any Polaks?
Thread: Any Polaks?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher_chik View Post
Okay, first off, big fans of the Fins. One day, I will go there to experience what that country can throw my way. I also put different toppings on mine too like fried breadcrums :P Butter an brown sugar sounds amazing, but I cant see that going with beef myself
And those pancakes, sound amazing... are they as thin as crepes?
Yeah I'm pretty ashamed/sad that I haven't made it there myself either. I joined the Finnish club here in Calgary, it's pretty cool hanging out with a bunch of people that act just like me (I think Finns tend to be thought of as weird to most other people!)

Actually the butter and brown sugar goes GREAT with the cabbage rolls. My buddy calls them crack rolls cause you only need a couple little ones before you sit on the couch and feel stoned from them. Definitely something we only eat a couple times a year!

Yeah the pancakes are a lot like crepes, but there's sugar in the batter (while I think crepes don't have any) so the pancakes brown up and crisp up way more than crepes. They are just as thin though. Man I want pancakes now!

There's other good Finn food I have to learn how to cook that I think is similar to Polish food. Some of the hash or whatever it's called (sausage or ham and shredded potatoes), coleslaw (I make mine clear, just cabbage, carrots, onions, vinegar, oil, sugar and a LOT of coarsely ground pepper)...

Okay I'm going home for dinner.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote