Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fastec - K2 vs. Gnu
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
geolemon

Checked them both out - quite a price difference between them, and besides the stabilizer pads and "light" designation, I'm not seeing much difference between them - possibly the DMCC had the more advanced ankle strap, but the regular strap on the TT30 doesn't seem like a compromise. What's the big upgrade on the DMCC vs. the TT30?

Edit 1:
Also, Flux has an excellent website. From their product page, I'm wondering if the DS30's might better fit - more flexible, more of a skate feel. $250 is still up there in the price range, and makes me wonder similar to the above, what's the real differences between that and the SE30's, which is a midgrade binding with more flex (according to their very generalized mouse-over popup)? Half the cost, nearly.

Maybe I shouldn't say their website is excellent - trying to find the difference between the TT30 and RK30 is puzzling...
Both claim to use allllll the same parts... but are different bindings
Edit 2:
Looks like the RK30 highback is urethane while the TT30 is nylon. I might like the more flexible back better, I rode back in the 90's cut-down era, I don't put much lean in my highbacks, I don't really rely on them.

Last edited by geolemon; 10-10-2012 at 12:20 AM.
geolemon is offline   Reply With Quote