Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fastec - K2 vs. Gnu
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
geolemon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The highbacks were another thing scaring me away from the GNU bindings - I'm picturing them clamped right against your leg, which isn't how I ride.

There are two local resorts here, neither has big vertical, and I have a season's pass to the one that's got the shorter runs. "Mountain" would be too strong a term to use.
Essentially it's all ridden like a park, even outside the park areas.... it's all groomed, never soft stuff, lots of jibbing and hitting things skate style.

I'm going to Colorado late January, but that's a few and far between thing. Last time I was at a resort of that scale, it was Vermont, somewhere around '98 or so.
I want to make sure that I've got something right for daily use in my area, and I'll make due in Colorado - I'll have to adjust everything for that trip regardless.

The Flux's are intriguing, the RK30's. And still defaulting back to the Burton Custom Restricted's. I found there's a shop near the 2nd resort that carries Flux's... it's a small resort town, maybe I'll take a date down there for a little B&B overnighter, and I'll check out the bindings while we're walking around checking out the shops.