Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Albertans want Romney to Win
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #21 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
There is a Canada other than B.C??????

Actually, I am more of a Yukon guy. Whitehorse FTW....

Funny! We have travelled opposite paths. I was a far right guy when I was younger. I mean FAR right... Thought Limbaugh and G Gotdon Liddy were the shit. I voted for Reagan twice, Bush senior teice and voted for W in 2000...

As I grew older I found that Conservative ideology just does not work for the majority of Americans and shifted left. W's attitudes really tipped me over the edge.
My friend lives in Whitehorse and loves it. He's formerly from Ottawa/Montreal but had a hankering for the north so away he went. I'd like to go some time. They got a little ski hill there too, Mt Sima. Nothing major but it has more vert than most of the Michigan hills.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you in regards to your politics. I was a conservative, Rush and Hannity fan and all that. I voted for W both times.

Somewhere along the line I couldn't hold on to the party line anymore with the Patriot Act, the massive spending and other intrusions on personal freedom. I started seeing the hypocrisy of the talking heads defending Republican intrusion on our freedom but condemning the other side for theirs.

I realized that I was being fed nothing but talking points and I walked away. For awhile I just kind of hated all political parties but then I realized that the Libertarians really were a match for me. I was all in for Ron Paul, even donated to his campaign.

I'm voting Gary Johnson, I believe that Obama and Romney are equally bad for our country.
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1