Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lib tech Banana magic/T Rice size
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Oscar1243

Don't think you made a bad choice. I just sold my 10-11 magic 158w, but only because I wanted a 163+ freeride board. I'm 5"11, 225lbs and this board did exceptionally well, even in the choppy crud. It is a bit loose on the flats and it will keep you on a constant edge but this board kills it for as stiff as it is (abt a 6 IMO). Good luck and good riding. Cheers.

[edit] this board is a good floater on POW, I rode it to hell and back in the AK backcountry (hatchers pass, turnagain, Valdez, Thomson pass, ect). And not to be argumentative but it is nothing like a slayblade. I rode one last yr for 3 weeks while my buddy went to Hawaii on vacation and that board is what made me rethink my board choice. It has carbon stringers inside the board, it killed the powder and the choppy crud and it was stable as hell on the flats. It was lighter than my magic (158w, union sl) and he had (163w union atlas). It was IMO a more fun board to ride for my style... Just throwing my 2 cents out there...

Last edited by Oscar1243; 10-10-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Oscar1243 is offline   Reply With Quote