Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Albertans want Romney to Win
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
But then money gets involved. In Canada the liberal answer is to spend your way out of any problem. In ontario the provincial conservatives under Mike Harris reduced the deficit to zero and started to reduce the debt. In the media he was portrayed as an asshole but he was voted in for a second term. He did what he said. Now the federal conservatives have also done what they said they would do. These are parties I will continue to vote for unless their stance substantially changes or they stop doing what they say they will do.
I would agree with you on this point. I tend to be a lot farther to the right on fiscal matters than I am on social issues. As Snowolf has intimated though, you're expected to toe the party line on all issues (whether you're left or right) and I'm just not there.

Like a lot of people, I have to hold my nose to vote, because none of the parties is stench-free. I simply have to vote for the party that I think will do the least damage overall. I'm well past the point of believing that any party actually has enough expertise to actually control the economy in any meaningful way. All they can really do is let the juggernaut roll on and try to do the most good for the most people along the way.

I hate the parts between winter