Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Albertans want Romney to Win
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Sunshine sucks exept for Goat's Eys on a snowday. Louise is pretty awesome but I get a little tired of filtering into one busy ass run at the bottom, crazy fun park though.

Alberta drivers piss me off, they all drive slow in the left lane and truckers pass at 111kph past another truck going 110kph... I'm not really sure that BC or Ontaio is really any different, or even the states... Europe is a little more efficient and structured with "road rules" than North America.

/rant
Lol yeah I drive the Edmonton to Calgary corridor at least once a week, but generally I can stay on cruise for 99% of the drive... The slow ass truck passing is a piss off. I think the left lane bandits on HWY 2 are more tourists than actual albertans. Usually I see a BC or a Quebec plate, or rental car stickers on a lot of the left lane loogans.

Yeah the bottom of Lake Louise is a pain (not nearly as bad as Kimberley though!), that's why I usually stay on the top of the world chair if I'm doing fast laps, or the platter or back side lifts if I'm playing in powder.

Same issue at Fernie, you pretty much have to filter onto either the Deer chair or the Timber Bowl Express at the bottom. I usually try to cross over to avoid the Deer chair once I'm up on the mountain. I tend to do laps on the Bear more often than not. I'd stay on the white pass quad but I loath non-detachable chairs.