Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - High back Bindings?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 07:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
bentley_boarder

Default High back Bindings?

hey guys,

Just wondering if i could get some advice on bindings. I am new to snowboarding, went once and hired board, boots and bindings. I have bought a ROME solution board for this time round, and are looking at buying some boots and bindings. I have seen some bindings i really like, the Burton Triads, and the RIDE CAD ones. These both say they have a "high back" but to be honest i really dont know what this means in regards to the performance of the binding or what affect they will have on my snowboarding. I have been told not to get the "high back" bindings, as these are more for parks? I am looking for a set of all mountain bindings, as this will only be the second time ive been, and ill just be cruising the slopes, maybe trying a few tiny jumps, nothing too complicated or exciting. Are the high backs the wrong way to go? should i avoid them, or should it be a deciding factor not to get them? i really like the style of the Triads and the CADs, which would be better? my friends have bought the Burton Mission bindings, i dont want to get the same as them, but if i really shouldnt get the high backs i might have to go this way. Does the high back hurt the back of your leg? You can see how much i know about snowboarding so i would really appreciate any help.

Thanks alot! have a good one!

Nathan