Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Prescription Goggles
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
This was my solution... I was about -4.0 in both eyes. Had LASIK back in 2008 and couldn't be happier! It's nice being able to buy "regular" goggles... Plus it's better for wakeboarding, swimming, watching TV, driving, having sex, sleeping (no more feeling my way to take a leak at 4:00 am).

LOVE IT!
My eyes weren't as bad as yours, but I had PRK surgery in April, and I couldn't be happier either. I easily forget that I once had glasses. Sooo worth getting. My surgery will pay for itself in 5 years, because I destroyed glasses and inserts all the time. I hated them fogging up. Falling off my face. Not seeing rode signs until I was up close. Losing my glasses. I do not regret one bit of it, and I wish I didn't hesitate on the surgery for as long as I did. Sorry to sound like an infomercial but I'm pretty damn happy with the results and I can't wait to ride this year without glasses or inserts getting dislodged or fogging.

However, back to the main topic. The last season I rode, I got fed up with inserts, that I just bought those massive Electric goggles and wore my regular glasses underneath them. Work out ok, until my glasses (not the goggles) fogged or if I took a fall and my glasses completely dislodged.

If you can afford it and if you qualify, I definitely recommend reconsidering PRK or Lasik.

Last edited by tdn; 10-10-2012 at 12:40 PM.
tdn is offline   Reply With Quote